As a customer-centric company, we work directly with our clients to understand their needs and processes. We utilize the latest technology for workflow, document management, case management, enterprise content management and follow the industry’s best practices to deliver high quality business process solutions that seamlessly integrate with your in-house and various third-party business applications. Using proven methodologies, we apply people, processes, and technology to optimize your processes and empower you to transform your business.
Software Development Process/Methodology
Over the course of 20+ years, SoluSoft has developed matured software development and process optimization methodologies that yield immediate results. SoluSoft has continued to evolve and improve its methodology and continues a trend towards agility and incorporation of “light” or agile” techniques. These techniques include:
- Individuals interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
SoluSoft’s Professional Services Organization applies the agile methodology to the management of projects and to the development and deployment of application solutions that incorporate SoluSoft technologies. The use of this method provides for rapid prototyping and proof-of-concept, while simultaneously gathering and refining user and technical specifications on an ongoing basis for project control, increasing overall transparency. This method consists of the following phases and their associated deliverables:
This methodology differs from a traditional waterfall process model for system development life cycle (SDLC) in the following ways:
- Phases are not strictly sequential and allow for parallel tasks, components, and releases.
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques used for component building, prototyping, and proof-of-concept development.
- High-risk components of a project are completed as early as possible.
- Versioned releases allow for an iterative cycle between the Construction and Implementation phases to enable early deployment and additional refinement.
- Process-oriented flexibility to deal with changing priorities during the project.
- Strong control of application releases through ongoing updates to functional specification and release specification documents.
- Support tasks are formalized and provide for ongoing production management.
During these phases, specific deliverables are developed and incorporated into the Project Specification as it evolves from feasibility to prototype to release to implemented system. Deliverables can be formal as the project size and complexity dictate. Smaller projects may consist only of loosely coupled functional specifications and development tool definitions. Larger or more complex projects may consist of formal requirements, functional and technical specifications, and various process and object models. The Methodology is scaled to meet your business and budgetary requirements, as well as your internal standards and procedures.
Project management tools and techniques are an important part of the success of the project and the resulting application. Tools and techniques employed include:
- Microsoft Project templates and baseline project plans emphasize planning managing and control of project tasks, resources, scheduling, and cost tracking.
- Formal Project Status reporting formats
- Time Management and Accounting system